Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Doug Cook <na...@candiru.com> on 2006/09/06 20:42:04 UTC

Preferred Nutch development environment for OS X?

Hey, folks,

Sorry to gum up the works with such a banal question. I'm trying to decide
which development environment I should use on my Mac. (OS X 10.4.7). Until
now I've just been using the tried-and-true shell+editor combination (yes,
I'm a crusty old Unix engineer), but as I ramp up work with Nutch I'm
thinking I might be more productive in an IDE.

Any experiences +/- with Nutch and the various options? I've downloaded
Eclipse and am starting to explore that, and of course I've got Xcode 2.
Anything else I should be looking at? (or not looking at?)

Thanks for any recommendations.

Sent from the Nutch - User forum at Nabble.com.

RE: Preferred Nutch development environment for OS X?

Posted by Bogdan Kecman <bo...@alteray.com>.

> Hey, folks,
>
> Sorry to gum up the works with such a banal question. I'm
> trying to decide which development environment I should use
> on my Mac. (OS X 10.4.7). Until now I've just been using the
> tried-and-true shell+editor combination (yes, I'm a crusty
> old Unix engineer), but as I ramp up work with Nutch I'm
> thinking I might be more productive in an IDE.
>
> Any experiences +/- with Nutch and the various options? I've
> downloaded Eclipse and am starting to explore that, and of
> course I've got Xcode 2.
> Anything else I should be looking at? (or not looking at?)
>
> Thanks for any recommendations.

Eclipse works quite nice with Nutch. If you add few modules
You can also work on the war. I tried Xcode and returned to
Eclipse imediately.

Regards