Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@fcc.ro> on 2005/03/23 20:24:46 UTC

Error when installing mod_perl

Hi,

Do you have any idea why I get 2 errors each time I want to install mod_perl
2 under Fedora Core 2, Apache 2.05, perl 5.8.6?

I get the same errors when I try to install mod_perl on more computers,
doesn't matter if I download and compile the tar.gz file manually or I try
to install it using cpan>.

I have compiled perl 5.8.6 with ithreads and multiplicity enabled because I
thought mod_perl might need this.
(Is this ok?)

Every time I saw an error telling something about t/basic.t and I don't know
what it means nor how I could solve it.

I have searched in the t/ dir, but I couldn't find anything with "basic"...

I have tried to take a look in that log file with errors, but without
success, because I don't understand anything from that file.

I've tried to compile mod_perl using:

perl Makefile.pl
make
make test
(and here appears the errors, so I cannot continue with "make install")

I have tried doing these first steps using another account than root in
order to be able to start Apache server...

I don't know what can I do to be able to install mod_perl.

Thank you very much for help.

Teddy

Re: Error when installing mod_perl

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have any idea why I get 2 errors each time I want to install mod_perl
> 2 under Fedora Core 2, Apache 2.05, perl 5.8.6?
>
> I get the same errors when I try to install mod_perl on more computers,
> doesn't matter if I download and compile the tar.gz file manually or I try
> to install it using cpan>.
>
> I have compiled perl 5.8.6 with ithreads and multiplicity enabled because I
> thought mod_perl might need this.
> (Is this ok?)

It's ok, but you need it only if you want to use a threaded mpm or perl
threads (which you should stay away from)

> Every time I saw an error telling something about t/basic.t and I don't know
> what it means nor how I could solve it.
>
> I have searched in the t/ dir, but I couldn't find anything with "basic"...
>
> I have tried to take a look in that log file with errors, but without
> success, because I don't understand anything from that file.
>
> I've tried to compile mod_perl using:
>
> perl Makefile.pl
> make
> make test
> (and here appears the errors, so I cannot continue with "make install")
>
> I have tried doing these first steps using another account than root in
> order to be able to start Apache server...
>
> I don't know what can I do to be able to install mod_perl.

Unfortunately your report is incomplete, Octavian. Please read:
http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ and try again. Until then we can't help you.