Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Piyush Hari <pi...@oracle.com> on 2007/07/02 22:36:41 UTC

[TRINIDAD] tr:panelHeader question

Hi,

The tag documentation for tr:panelHeader component states,

/"
The panelHeader control places a label and optional icon at the top of a
section.
/

/ The panelHeader can also be used at the top of an application page to
give the user important messaging information. The types of messages,
set by the |messageType| attribute are: /

    * /error/
    * /information/
    * /warning/
    * /confirmation/

/"

/Also, for the messageType attribute it states :

/
/ 	/Type
/ 	/Supports          EL?
/ 	/
Description

/

/
/
/messageType/ 	/String
/ 	/Yes
/

/*Valid Values: *info, confirmation, warning, none, error/

/Set if an error, info, confirmation, or warning header is needed./

 From reading this , I understand that if I set messageType to any of
the above valid values, I should see an icon
(error,info,confirmation,warning) on left of the panelHeader text.

However , this is not the case. The only difference thats visible is
when I set messageType to "error" and the base panelHeader text color
changes to red.

Furthermore, the tag doc states :
/"On mobile devices the panelHeader renders nothing itself, but does
renders its children."

/This is not true and we DO support panelHeader (the base and children)
on PDAs.

*Questions:
*1) Are icons expected ? If yes, will this be fixed for desktop any sooner ?
2) Can someone update the tag doc ?

I need to support similar functionality on PDAs.

Regards.
Piyush

Re: [TRINIDAD] tr:panelHeader question

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
"messageType" does render icons:

   public static final String AF_PANEL_HEADER_CONFIRMATION_ICON_NAME =
     "af|panelHeader::confirmation-icon";
   public static final String AF_PANEL_HEADER_ERROR_ICON_NAME =
     "af|panelHeader::error-icon";
   public static final String AF_PANEL_HEADER_INFO_ICON_NAME =
     "af|panelHeader::info-icon";
   public static final String AF_PANEL_HEADER_WARNING_ICON_NAME =
     "af|panelHeader::warning-icon";
   public static final String AF_PANEL_HEADER_PROCESSING_ICON_NAME =
     "af|panelHeader::processing-icon";

It just happens that the simple skin doesn't define any of these icons.
There's also the "icon" attribute, which if messageType is not
set (or is set to "none"), will render any gif/png/etc.

I'll fix the tagdoc.  I've got no strong feelings one way or the other
whether supporting icons here on PDAs is worthwhile.

-- Adam