Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/06 15:07:22 UTC

BadApple report

Holding fairly steady, but IDK whether Hoss’ scraping is getting data from Uwe’s machines, thought I saw an e-mail go by about that.

this is the first report where the suppresswarnings stats mean anything.

Full report attached:

Re: BadApple report

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Megan:

There are a number of tests that have been flagged by some devs
that, no matter what, should _not_ be annotated with BadApple or
AwaitsFix and that’s just a list to remind me what they are.

It’s not much of a deal, though, because I’m not doing much annotating
lately. The original process was that I’d annotate tests that had failed every
week for the last 4 weeks. Partly to get people’s attention, partly to make a
record. There were tests that would come and go, so you’ll see in places\
a bunch of dates associated with an annotation. Those indicate that it’d be
bad, then OK for 4 or more weeks, then bad again which I thought was
useful to see just how rarely some tests failed.

Best,
Erick

Re: BadApple report

Posted by Megan Carey <mc...@berkeley.edu>.