Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Matthias Clauß <Ma...@gmx.de> on 2000/08/28 15:43:08 UTC

can't access JSP with TagLib: parse error

Hello,

I am getting

        org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary
WEB-INF/tlds/MDG2.tld : Parse Error in the tag library
        descriptor: com.sun.xml.parser/V-036 web-app servlet

when I try to access my JSP. The syntax to introduce it in my JSP is:
        <%@taglib uri="WEB-INF/tlds/MDG2.tld" prefix="mdg" %>

Thanx for any help,
Matthias.

My Taglib descriptor (MDG2.tld) looks like:

<!DOCTYPE taglib
        PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN"
 "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

<taglib>
  <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
  <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
  <info>Tag library for MetaDirGenerator2 (MDG2) support</info>

  <tag>
    <name>IfHasParent</name>
    <tagclass>IfHasParentTag</tagclass>
    <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
    <info>
 Output the tag body only if the referenced parcel has a parent parcel.
   If no reference if given, the default value from MDGConstants will be
used.
    </info>

    <attribute>
      <name>ref</name>
      <required>false</required>
      <type>String</type>
    </attribute>
  </tag>
</taglib>

Re: can't access JSP with TagLib: parse error

Posted by Kees Jongenburger <ke...@netlinq.nl>.
 <%@taglib uri="WEB-INF/tlds/MDG2.tld" prefix="mdg" %>
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is only a symbolic name
so make i something like a unique (perhaps not existing URL)
after that you can edit your web.xml
to match the "fantasy url" with your real file)

so somehting like that.

<%@taglib uri="http://www.gmx.de/MDG" prefix="mdg" %>

and you web.xml file like this

<web-app>