Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Valdinei Rodrigues dos Reis <ne...@unesp.br> on 2015/03/27 16:55:25 UTC

Non-RFC1918 Guest Network

Hi there.

My company has a policy anti-NAT, so I need to allocate public prefix for use in my guest network.

The problem is that Cloudstack 4.3 does not allow a non-RFC1918 prefix in zone creation.

What am i doing wrong? Or is a CS "feature"?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Valdinei Rodrigues
nei@unesp.br
(11)5627-0467

Re: Non-RFC1918 Guest Network

Posted by Valdinei Rodrigues dos Reis <ne...@unesp.br>.
Hi Nux.

Thank you.
I will try it and give a feedback later.

Best regards.

Valdinei Rodrigues
nei@unesp.br
(11)5627-0467

Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 27 de março de 2015 13:41:14
Assunto: Re: Non-RFC1918 Guest Network

Hello,

Then you could use a Basic zone or an Advanced Zone with Security Groups; though there are some limitations to them (no VPN/LB/multiple networks/etc).

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hello,

Posted by Valdinei Rodrigues dos Reis <ne...@unesp.br>.
Hi Erik.

So, We think that isn't a good idea users creating their networks. Only admin will create networks.

Thanks.

Valdinei Rodrigues
nei@unesp.br
(11)5627-0467

Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 27 de março de 2015 14:07:10

Are you going to rely on users being able to make new networks, or will
they be created by an admin?

In the latter case you could just enter anything valid and use shared
networks.

Erik

Den fredag 27. mars 2015 skrev Valdinei Rodrigues dos Reis <ne...@unesp.br>
følgende:

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanjeev N <sa...@apache.org>.
Do you want to use the same Public CIDR for both public and guest traffic?
If yes, it is not allowed.

Posted by Sam Ceylani <sa...@mistercertified.com>.

Posted by Sanjeev N <sa...@apache.org>.