Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/09 09:58:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Nutch 2.3

Hi user@ & dev@,

This thread is a VOTE for releasing Apache Nutch 2.3.
Quite incredibly we addressed 143 issues as per the release report
http://s.apache.org/nutch_2.3
The release candidate comprises the following components.

* A staging repository [0] containing various Maven artifacts
* A branch-2.3 [1] of the 2.x codebase from which the tag was subsequently
cut
* The tagged source (tagged from the above branch-2.3) upon which we are
VOTE'ing [2]
* Finally, the release artifacts [3] which I would encourage you to verify
for signatures and test.

You should use the following KEYS [4] file to verify the signatures of all
release artifacts.

Please VOTE as follows

[ ] +1 Push the release, I am happy :)
[ ] +0 I am not bothered either way
[ ] -1 I am not happy with this release candidate (please state why)

Firstly thank you to everyone that contributed to Nutch. Secondly, thank
you to everyone that VOTE's. It is appreciated.

Thanks
Lewis
(on behalf of Nutch PMC)

p.s. Here's my +1

[0] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenutch-1003/
[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/branches/branch-2.3/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/tags/release-2.3/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nutch/
[4] http://www.apache.org/dist/nutch/KEYS

--
*Lewis*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Nutch 2.3

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
+1

- successful small test crawl with HBase 0.94.26
- verified signatures

Posted by John Lafitte <jl...@brandextract.com>.
+0

Thanks to all the contributors for the hard work.

Posted by John Lafitte <jl...@brandextract.com>.
+0

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Talat,

> - AdaptiveFetchSchedular do not work.  In default settings float, it needs integer.
Confirmed, in nutch-default.xml these two properties are defined as floats
but read as integers. Configuration.getInt(name) then returns the default value.

  <name>db.fetch.schedule.adaptive.min_interval</name>
  <value>60.0</value>

  <name>db.fetch.schedule.adaptive.max_interval</name>
  <value>31536000.0</value>

Is there already a Jira open? The problem applies to 1.x and 2.x.
But it's hardly a blocker: the default values are also 60 and 31536000.

> - it does not compile with 1.6 in my environment
Yep we need Java 7, see NUTCH-1920.
Since we cannot really change it, it's just a matter of documentation
-> https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Nutch2Tutorial
https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial already contains Java 7 as
a requirement.

Thanks,