Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Amogh Margoor <am...@cloudera.com> on 2021/08/06 11:46:19 UTC

Proposal for IMPALA-9873: Avoid materialisation in filtered out tuples

Hi,
As a part of Late materialization, Tim and Abhisekh had few ideas for
IMPALA-9873 to prevent materialization of filtered out tuples. Kurt and I
relooked at it and came up with this proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QFu_Zu9nHuMpu5Pqb3qe62MbZPA88j_o7NtpZ2a2zSA/edit?usp=sharing
.  We would be making changes for the same. Please review and let us know
your thoughts.

Regards,
Amogh

Re: Proposal for IMPALA-9873: Avoid materialisation in filtered out tuples

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ti...@gmail.com>.
This makes a lot of sense and I think works out some of the details that we
hadn't figured out earlier.