Posted to commits@openoffice.apache.org by co...@apache.org on 2012/03/13 20:53:00 UTC

[CONF] Apache OpenOffice Community > Current Status FAQ

Space: Apache OpenOffice Community (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS)
Page: Current Status FAQ (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Current+Status+FAQ)

Added by Simon Phipps:
*Work In Progress - not yet a public resource, please refer to the dev list.  Keep its simple and factual\!*

# Is there a release of Apache OpenOffice I can download?
#* The Apache OpenOffice project will be releasing a new binary soon, which will be called Apache OpenOffice v3.4.
#* Major features of this release will include removal and in some cases replacement of GPL code, plus a native SVG implementation. A full list of improvements is at $URL
# Who is building Apache OpenOffice releases
#* The code is being developed by a number of the original developers of OpenOffice.org plus developers from IBM Symphony and community volunteers.
# Where can I get updates to the copy of OpenOffice.org that I am running?
#* There have been no updates to OpenOffice.org binaries released for users since Oracle stopped development and there will be no patches to that earlier binary program released.
#* The project is currently preparing a new version of the code.
#* Once Apache OpenOffice v3.4 is released, the project recommends you replace your OpenOffice.org installation with it.
# Why has the name changed?
#* The OpenOffice.org trademarks and domain names now belong to The Apache Software Foundation
#* The names of future released code have therefore been changed to match Apache's trademark guidelines.
#* The Apache OpenOffice project now controls the original OpenOffice.org domain and plans to use it for future promotion of the Apache OpenOffice project.
#* Future releases from the OpenOffice.org domain will be called "Apache OpenOffice".
# Is Apache OpenOffice a full Apache Project?
#* Not yet. The Apache OpenOffice project is still in incubation and has not yet requested graduation to a TLP.
#* The project will do so once the graduation criteria have all been met, most notably having a release of the code approved by Apache.

Change your notification preferences: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewnotifications.action