Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Diwaker Gupta <di...@apache.org> on 2005/08/04 10:16:17 UTC

problem with javascript in contracts

I'm trying to make a contract for google maps. Here's the problem I'm facing:

Something like this in the contract works:
http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api

But this fails:
http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1
                                   ^^^
After plenty of trial and error, I think I'm pretty sure that the ampersand
symbol is causing problems. I'm trying to figure out where to start looking
-- Thorsten, can you help? :-)

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net

Re: problem with javascript in contracts

Posted by Todd de Gruyl <to...@tdegruyl.com>.
On 8/4/05 04:16, Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> I'm trying to make a contract for google maps. Here's the problem I'm facing:
>
> Something like this in the contract works:
> http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api
>
> But this fails:
> http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1
>                                    ^^^
> After plenty of trial and error, I think I'm pretty sure that the ampersand
> symbol is causing problems. I'm trying to figure out where to start looking
> -- Thorsten, can you help? :-)

I'm not Thorsten, but have you tried something like:

  http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&amp;v=1
                                      ^^^^^

--
Todd de Gruyl

Mobile:   413.221.9450
Web:      <http://www.tdegruyl.com>

Re: problem with javascript in contracts

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
I just tried
<a
href="http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&#38;mode=hide&#38;pid=12310000&#38;sorter/order=DESC&#38;sorter/field=priority&#38;resolutionIds=-1&#38;component=12310083">views@issues</a>

and it is working fine.

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 00:06 -0700, Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Sorry for the late response guys, I've been tied up with work and school :)
>
> On Thursday 04 August 2005 2:25 am, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > You need to escape the "&". It depends on your contract but the subject
> > is javascript in contracts.
> > alert(unescape("http%3A//maps.google.com/maps%3Ffile%3Dapi%26v%3D1"));
>
> Tried this, but it outputs the stuff _as is_ in the generated page (that is, I
> want the HTML page to contain "file=api&v=1" and *not* "file%3Dapi%26v%3D1".
> I'm doing some more tests to see if that might actually work,
>
> > If you use plain xml then refer to
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/dtd_module_defs.html#a_xhtml_char
> >acter_entities
>
> Is this similar to what Todd suggested? That is, I just use &amp; ? Do I need
> to explicitly invoke the xhtml-special.ent for this?

No, just use &#38;

> > Like said by Cyriaque: "can you explain us exactly what you want to do
> > with your contract ?"
>
> Pretty simple actually :) I'm just trying to make a configurable contract that
> will let the user include a custom google map in his/her content. The
> configurable parameters being the API key and the location (and later on,
> other things that the Google Maps API supports)

Very nice. Looking forward.

> Diwaker

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: problem with javascript in contracts

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 10:31 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta a écrit :
>
> >I'm trying to make a contract for google maps. Here's the problem I'm facing:
> >
> >Something like this in the contract works:
> >http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api
> >
> >But this fails:
> >http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1
> >                                   ^^^
> >After plenty of trial and error, I think I'm pretty sure that the ampersand
> >symbol is causing problems. I'm trying to figure out where to start looking
> >-- Thorsten, can you help? :-)
> >

> Diwaker, can you explain us exactly what you want to do with your contract ?
> I am not Thorsten but I have already used such a url to include a
> counter in my page...

I am Thorsten. ;-) jeje

You need to escape the "&". It depends on your contract but the subject
is javascript in contracts.
http://www.salesianer.de/util/alert-umlaute.html It is a german side,
just add the text in the form an press "Code anzeigen".

http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1
gives
alert(unescape("http%3A//maps.google.com/maps%3Ffile%3Dapi%26v%3D1"));

If you use plain xml then refer to
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/dtd_module_defs.html#a_xhtml_character_entities

Like said by Cyriaque: "can you explain us exactly what you want to do
with your contract ?"

HTH

salu2

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.