Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Leangen <da...@konova.com> on 2003/05/18 09:42:29 UTC

Problem with Multi-Level XIncludes

Hello,

First, let me say that I love what you guys are doing. Forrest rocks! I have
been working a bit on docbook-->document transforms, so if that can be
useful to anybody, please le me know.

I have a slight problem and was hoping somebody has already seen this issue
or can see through my stupidity ;-)

I am using Docbook and have the following setup in the
"transform-to-document" resource in my sitemap:

  <map:when test="docbook-v4.2">
    <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
    <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
    <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
    <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/rawdocbook2manual.xsl"
label="book"/>
    <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/docbook2document.xsl" />
  </map:when>

The reason I use xinclude 3 times is because Cocoon doesn't xinclude
recursively...

The first stylesheet is deals with some of the custom "features" I use in
Docbook before transforming to the document doctype.

Anyway, some of what I'm xincluding also have its own xincludes. This worked
fine for me in Cocoon, but when I try to do the same in Forrest, I keep
getting NullPointerExceptions. I should also mention that xincluding on one
level works fine in Forrest, too. It's only when I try to do multi-level
xincludes that things go wrong.

Has anybody else ever dealt with this?

Or do I need to send some more info so you can figure out what the heck I'm
talking about?

Thanks a bunch!

Dave

Re: Problem with Multi-Level XIncludes

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 04:42:29PM +0900, David Leangen wrote:
>   <map:when test="docbook-v4.2">
>     <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
>     <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
>     <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
>     <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/rawdocbook2manual.xsl"

Ah yes, I tried that once and also got NPEs :/  Not much that can be
done, other than use the much better CIncludeTransformer:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/cinclude-transformer.html

--Jeff