Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lefty Burgess <le...@piperstudiosinc.com> on 2000/11/08 17:06:47 UTC

cannot find bean?

Greetings!

I have been learning about Struts and decided it was the Right Thing
(tm) to use for web application development.

I am using Struts 0.5 on Tomcat 3.1 on Linux 2.2.17.

The servlet engine and struts are installed and work fine.

Basically, I am writing a test app as a prelude to real development.
I wanted simply to get data from a database, display it in a form and
modify it.

So, I have successfully created an OraclePooledConnection and added it
the the servlet context.  I can grab a connection and instantiate a
modeled class from the database in the Action for the form to be
populated.  Again, that works fine.

Where I run into difficulties is when I forward to the form to
be populated inside the Action.  To illustrate, I have attached my
code and included the exception I am getting.

cannot find bean?

Posted by Lefty Burgess <le...@piperstudiosinc.com>.
Please ignore my request for help as I have figured out what the
problem was and, of course, it was me.

Basically, in my test.jsp, I was closing the struts:form tag for no
good reason and this messed up everything.

 > <struts:form action="saveTestForm.do" name="testForm" type="com.piperstudiosinc.vts.TestForm"/>

[...]

 > </struts:form>

Boot to the head for Lefty.

Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

--
Lee "Lefty" Burgess       <<!>> Manipulate eternity. Power is a symphony:
Web Application Developer <<!>> elaborate, enormous, essential.