Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/04 22:23:55 UTC

Archetype dependencies

Hey guys,

here's what I want to build: I'd like to be able to pass some dependency
information on the command line during creating a concrete project from an
archetype. For example given the following archetype pom.xml:
-----
<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>something</groupId>
        <artifactId>something</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.3</version>
    </dependency>
    *${coreDependencies}*
</dependencies>
------

and issuing the following command:

------
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=blah
-DarchetypeArtifactId=my-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=0.6-SNAPSHOT
-DgroupId=foo -DartifactId=bar -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackage=com.foo.bar
-DinteractiveMode=false -D*coreDependencies*
=com.first:myfirstDependency:1.0-SNAPSHOT,com.second:mysecondDependnecy:1.0-SNAPSHOT,com.third:myThirdDepenency:1.0-SNAPSHOT
------

would generate the following pom.xml:

-----
<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>something</groupId>
        <artifactId>something</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.3</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.first</groupId>
        <artifactId>myFirstDependency</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.second</groupId>
        <artifactId>mySecondDependency</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.third</groupId>
        <artifactId>myThirdDependency</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>
-----

If you don't have any objections I will probably start working on this over
the weekend. I'd like to know if this would be useful to any of you, so
feedback (positive or negative) is always welcome.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.