Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rajagopal_Yendluri <Ra...@satyam.com> on 2007/10/25 15:08:50 UTC

Multiple Textboxes with same name.

Hi,

I Have the following requirement in my project and I am new to struts2.

I have to enter the data for Users: say I want to add 10 usernames from
UI and I want to store all this usernames in database.

	For EX: my UI Looks like this

		USERNAME:
		----textbox------
		----textbox------
		----textbox------

And I have to store all this data in Databsae.

I know if it is one textbox we have a property in action with
getter/setter methods and we can get the value.

Let me know how to deal with this kind of form.

Regards,
Rajagopal

DISCLAIMER:

RE: Multiple Textboxes with same name.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Please look at the documentation at

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/type-conversion.html

All you have to do is expose a collection of your
student value object in the action; you might not even
need to set up the conversion properties file (I can
never remember) and reference the appropriate field
names in your form:

<s:textfield value="StudentVO[1].name"/>

etc.

d.

=== message truncated ===

RE: Multiple Textboxes with same name.

Posted by Rajagopal_Yendluri <Ra...@satyam.com>.

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I Have the following requirement in my project and I am new to
> struts2.
>

> I have to enter the data for Users: say I want to add 10 usernames
> from UI and I want to store all this usernames in database.
>
> 	For EX: my UI Looks like this
>
> 		USERNAME:
> 		----textbox------
> 		----textbox------
> 		----textbox------
>
> And I have to store all this data in Databsae.
>
> I know if it is one textbox we have a property in action with
> getter/setter methods and we can get the value.
>
> Let me know how to deal with this kind of form.
>
> Regards,
> Rajagopal
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of

> the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL

> AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
> copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in

> this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies;
> your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> user-help@struts.apache.org

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the
PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying
or
distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message
is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact
the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this
regard
is appreciated.

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the
PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying
or
distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message
is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact
the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this
regard
is appreciated.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged.  If
you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by
replying to this message. The recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. InterGlobe accepts no liability

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I Have the following requirement in my project and I am new to
> struts2.
>

> I have to enter the data for Users: say I want to add 10 usernames
> from UI and I want to store all this usernames in database.
>
> 	For EX: my UI Looks like this
>
> 		USERNAME:
> 		----textbox------
> 		----textbox------
> 		----textbox------
>
> And I have to store all this data in Databsae.
>
> I know if it is one textbox we have a property in action with
> getter/setter methods and we can get the value.
>
> Let me know how to deal with this kind of form.
>
> Regards,
> Rajagopal
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
> the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL
> AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
> copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in
> this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies;
> your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> user-help@struts.apache.org

DISCLAIMER:
is appreciated.

DISCLAIMER:
is appreciated.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged.  If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever.  If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. InterGlobe accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

RE: Multiple Textboxes with same name.

Posted by Rajagopal_Yendluri <Ra...@satyam.com>.
Thanks Dave.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.