Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Hans Salomonsson <ha...@chalmers.se> on 2015/10/30 11:43:46 UTC

user not found (404)

Hi,

Just set up allura. However, when I add a new user through the user
interface i get into problem. I can see the user in /u/wiki/home/
(clicking on the user returns 404), but I cannot log in with the user
and I cannot find the user when searching for it in the nf/admin console.

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,
Hans Salomonsson

Re: user not found (404)

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On 10/30/15 6:43 AM, Hans Salomonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just set up allura. However, when I add a new user through the user interface i
> get into problem. I can see the user in /u/wiki/home/ (clicking on the user
> returns 404), but I cannot log in with the user and I cannot find the user when
> searching for it in the nf/admin console.
>
> Any help much appreciated!
>
> Regards,
> Hans Salomonsson

Hi Hans,

The default configuration is to require email address confirmation before the
account is active.  Allura sends out an email with a confirmation link.  If
you're running via docker, the email doesn't actually go out, but you can see it
by running `docker-compose logs web`.  More useful commands like that are at
https://forge-allura.apache.org/docs/getting_started/installation.html#useful-commands

If you want the email to actually go out, you'll need an SMTP server running
somewhere that you can connect (could be installed on the same server) and have
the smtp_* settings in development.ini pointing at it.  Make sure taskd is
restarted to pick up on the changed settings.

Lastly, if you don't want the email verification, you can set
auth.require_email_addr = False in development.ini and restart the webserver.

(Showing pending users on the /u/wiki/home list is a bit of a bug, we've just
created https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/8013/ for that issue)

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal