Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2016/10/07 07:47:33 UTC

Database recommendation: Maria DB or PostgreSQL

I'm in the process of choosing database system for my next project. It's a
web application running on Apache Karaf. Not very high throughput
requirements. Easy operation (backup/restore and good GUI) is important to
me.

But, I also need to know that it works well with OpenJPA. In the OpenJPA
documentation I cannot see any explicit support for MariaDB - only MySQL.
Is MariaDB supported and does it work well with OpenJPA?

Does PostgreSQL work well with OpenJPA?

/Bengt

Re: Database recommendation: Maria DB or PostgreSQL

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Sorry, never did thank you for your reply!

I ended up choosing PostgreSQL and so far it works fine.

/Bengt

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

https://ci.apache.org/projects/openjpa/2.4.x/docbook/ref_guide_dbsetup_dbsupport.html

--