Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Kevin Priebe <ke...@realtyserver.com> on 2010/11/01 21:11:28 UTC

Re: CXF client startup time

I just signed up for the users list to add my comment to Benson's email.

My CXF client startup experience is similar, but seems to be worse when
testing CXF 2.3 compared to 2.2.  We use JAX-WS and Aegis and the startup
time for our largest service used to be 2200ms, which is already quite long.
However, when testing 2.3, the same service takes 3000ms to initialize!
This is a noticeable difference and also affects the startup time of our
application.  The release notes for 2.3 mentioned some work on speeding up
CXF, so I'm not sure why we are seeing this slow down (was hoping to see the
numbers go the other way).  Nothing was changed except the CXF version
update for this test.  For now we are staying on 2.2.11 just to avoid the
speed hit.  Any idea why this might take so long?  The test includes
creating the client and calling 1 test method (that does nothing on the
server to ensure it's not our fault).

Kevin

Re: WSDL defines I/O mep but how is all types of responses handled?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 03 November 2010 3:36:04 pm am am wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If a web service defines in the WSDL an operation with input/output message
> exchange pattern (all elements optional for response object type), if the
> web service returns a 202 Accepted, is this handled by the framework
> silently, or an exception will be raised? I would expect a null pointer to
> be returned to the calling code. Is this the case?
>
> Thanks!

Well, I wouldn't expect an NPE.   I WOULD expect some sort of
WebServiceException or other exception related to not being able to parse the
non-existent XML.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

WSDL defines I/O mep but how is all types of responses handled?

Re: CXF client startup time

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I did some preliminary measurement, but nothing jumped out. Dan and I
are discussing a relatively radical attack.