Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by yarono <ya...@il.ibm.com> on 2007/06/03 10:29:22 UTC

How do I Open / Close a db using odbc interface?

I looked through the manuals and api guides, but was unable to find how do I
close / open a db in odbc interface.
Could someone please reply with a refernce to the answer? or just reply with
the answer?

thanks in advance,
Yaron

Re: How do I Open / Close a db using odbc interface?

Posted by yarono <ya...@il.ibm.com>.
will the following commands do: 'quiesce'/'unquiesce' ?

Posted by yarono <ya...@il.ibm.com>.
Thanks - the shutdown is what I was looking for.

Now I have a couple of questions:
1. How do I use it from the odbc interface? do I just perform an SQL
statement with the shutdown command?
2. How do I turn the DB back on?

Thanks,
Yaron

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@fastmail.fm>.
m96 wrote:
> hi,
>
> checkout [3]. since i had a crashing and freezing problem with odbc
> connections from MS Query and Brio i couldn't test it if it also works
> from ODBC. just check your derby log to see if the db is booted and
> shutdown.
>
> cheers...
>
> [3] http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj251.html

That's a 10.0 doc pointer, which is probably up to date for
shutdown=true, but here's the current 10.2 link anyhow:

   http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/rrefattrib16471.html

And here's the html head for the 10.2 reference manual:

   http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/

 -jean

Posted by m96 <m9...@gmx.li>.
hi,