Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kevin Duffey <kd...@buymedia.com> on 2000/08/30 20:38:29 UTC

tag..can you not pass more than one request parameter using the convenction of ?param=value¶m2=value2??

Hi,

I have been able to use the following action.xml syntax to forward to an
action from an action by passing a "command" parameter.

  <action
      path             =  "/EnrollmentMaintenance"
      actionClass      =  "com.bm.admin.actions.EnrollmentMaintenanceAction"
      formAttribute    =  "EnrollmentMaintenanceBean"
      formClass        =  "com.bm.admin.beans.EnrollmentMaintenanceBean">

      <forward name="DefaultOK" path="/enrollments.jsp" redirect="false" />
      <forward name="DefaultError" path="/enrollments.jsp" redirect="false"
/>
      <forward name="UpdateOK" path="/EnrollmentMaintenance.do?command=0"
redirect="false" />
      <forward name="UpdateError" path="/enrollments.jsp" redirect="false"
/>
      <forward name="QuickUpdateOK"
path="/EnrollmentMaintenance.do?command=0" redirect="false" />
      <forward name="QuickUpdateError" path="/enrollments.jsp"
redirect="false" />
  </action>

Notice for example in the UpdateOK, how it calls itself basically,
EnrollmentMaintenance.do but it passes a parameter (via request) much link
you can do with a link  <a href="page.jsp?param=value&param2=value2"></a>.
The problem I have now is that I can pass the ?command=x no problem. But
when I try to do the ?command=0&param=value passing a 2nd argument, I get a
SAXxml parsing error. IT tells me I need to terminate entity with ;. When I
put a ; after the ?command=0; it works fine, but the parameter param=value
does not come across in the request.

So the question is, is this not possible? I would like to pass 2 or more
parameters to the .do action in the forward part of another action mapping
as I have above. If anyone could shed light on this, that would be great.

Thanks.

Re: tag..can you not pass more than one request parameter using the convenction of ?param=value¶m2=value2??

Posted by Rod McChesney <ro...@expressaction.com>.
> when I try to do the ?command=0&param=value passing a 2nd argument, I

Try

?command=0&amp;param=value

That might work.

Rod McChesney