Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Db-Doc SP <Db...@db.com> on 2003/02/13 04:04:48 UTC

501 - Protocol scheme 'http' is not supported

Hi All,

We get the following error

501 Protocol scheme 'http' is not supported

when the perl script is excuted from perlTranshandler

            my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
            $ua->agent("MyApp/0.1 ");
            my $req = HTTP::Request->new(GET => 'http://www.msn.com');
             $req->content_type('text/plain');
             $req->content('match=www&errors=0');
             my $res = $ua->request($req);

             if ($res->is_success)
             {
                  print "Success.\n";
             }
             else
            {
              print "Failed: ", $res->status_line, "\n";
            }

please help

OS Sun solaris 8.
Apache 1.3.26