Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by captain_rhino <gr...@axa-travel-insurance.com> on 2012/05/21 14:19:54 UTC

memcached sticky session

Is there any thing I have to configure or add to my tapestry project if i
want to use memcached sticky sessions please with my apache tomcat server?
Any experiances/general advice much appreciated.

Re: memcached sticky session

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Don't store session state in memcached.  Part of memcached is that it
can crash or otherwise discard state at any time, which is irritating
to your active users. Memcached is intended only for caching values
that can be recovered if lost. Servlet containers have lots of options
for storing state, Tapestry adds some additional.

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 5:19 AM, captain_rhino
<gr...@axa-travel-insurance.com> wrote:
> Is there any thing I have to configure or add to my tapestry project if i
> want to use memcached sticky sessions please with my apache tomcat server?
> Any experiances/general advice much appreciated.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com