Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Ex...@nokia.com on 2001/04/20 17:27:12 UTC

provider architecture

Hi,
I'm interested in the potential of the pluggable provider features in soap.
We have a requirement to map incoming service requests to different
decoupled plug-ins.  Hoever our challenge is to have different incoming APIs
rather than just soap e.g. RMI and corba.  What is the likelyhood that we
could extract the provider engine out and use it in a multi-procol client
environment or even adapt in support ie. come up with a PLUGGABLE REQUESTOR
architecture that interfaces with the PLUGGABLE PROVIDER components.

If anyone has really looked into the pluggable provider stuff and has a view
on this I'd be grateful to hear.

Regards,

Shaun O'Hagan
Nokia UK>