Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by m_...@web.de on 2006/01/22 16:32:11 UTC

Problems with t:panelNavigation2

Hello,

I'm developing an application with MyFaces and I'm using t:panelNavigation2 for my navigation.

In my ManagedBean I create the List of NavigationMenuItem dynamicaly. Everything is fine so far.

My problem is, that I have to set the active NavigationMenuItem in the list within my ManagedBean because I have to make a redirect over the browser sometimes for securityreasons (authenticationfilter) and then the active NavigationMenuItem is lost.

So I tried to use item.setActive(true) on a NavigationMenuItem item which I want activate after a redirect. The problem is, that Eclipse told me, that the method setActive(boolean active) is not available for NavigationMenuItem. But in the Java-doc this method is available for this class.

So I decompiled the corresponding .class file from the tomahawk.jar and found out, that the method is not available.

Next I checked out the sources for this class from the svn-repository. In this sources the method setAvtive(boolean avtive) is available for the class NavigationMenuItem.

This seems very strange, because in the sources of the example webapps in the class org.apache.myfaces.examples.misc.NavigationMenu the method .setActive(boolean active) is called too in line 72 but in the decompiled source for the class NavigationMenuItem in the tomahawk.jar under WEB-INF/lib the method is not available.

Could anybody please help me. Why is the actual tomahawk.jar from the downloadpage not implementing the javadoc on the myfaces-homepage? Have I to build the tomahawk.jar from the sources to get the release corresponding to the javadoc?

Thank you in advance,
Rudi