Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ajay <aj...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/25 11:48:21 UTC

How to Overcome Java Script Code

Hi all,

I am unable to pass through the alerts with Java Script Code in JMeter...
i.e., I opened a web page related to a Mail Server and I sent the parameters
(userid and password) and i logged in..but after reading a mai,if i want to
delete it, it is asking the Confirmation through a Java Script Code
alert..how can i send the parameter related to that Java Script code...?

Re: How to Overcome Java Script Code

Posted by ajay <aj...@yahoo.com>.
My doubt is clarified.
Thank You.

Re: How to Overcome Java Script Code

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28/07/06, ajay <aj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you sebb,
>
> So, can't i use proxy recorder for seeing, what the java script code is
> passing the parameters....?

You _can_ use the proxy recorder for recording parameters.

The proxy recorder will record everything sent via the proxy (apart
from some binary stuff which it does not handle properly yet. There
are some problems with character encodings as well, but those will
show up as samplers, albeit with some incorrect parameters).

It does not matter whether the server requests are generated by the
user clicking a link in the browser, or by the Javascript requesting
data as part of the processing of the page by the browser - in both
cases, if the request goes via the proxy then the JMeter proxy will
see it and record it; if the request does not go via the proxy then
JMeter will not see it, so cannot record it.

Is that clear now?

==

If you think there is a bug in JMeter, please create a Bugzilla issue,
and attach sufficient test and log files to be enable someone else to
reproduce the problem.

S.

Re: How to Overcome Java Script Code

Posted by ajay <aj...@yahoo.com>.

Thank you sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26/07/06, Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 18:52 +0100, sebb wrote:
> > As has been written on this list before:
> >
> > JMeter is not a browser, and does not interpret client-side code such
> > as JavaScript.
> >
> > You either need to read the Javascript and work out what it is doing,
> > or use the JMeter proxy recorder to capture what a real browser does.
> >
> Tsk tsk - the JMeter proxy recorder does not capture what a real
> browser does in javascript !!! :)

The JMeter proxy recorder *does* see everything that the browser sends
via the proxy. If the browser bypasses the proxy, then there's nothing
that JMeter can do about it.

By the way, I suppose you've checked jmeter.log (and the console) to
make sure that there aren't any error messages?

I think there have been some problems with properly handling binary
data - the proxy sees it, but does not process it properly - but that
should not be the case here...

Posted by Jaw Dat <id...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.