Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2002/03/14 03:42:49 UTC

ProcessingNodes and ComponentManagers

Sylvain,

I got a little bit further now, but at this point I'm stuck.

The problem I have is the following. I create my own
ProcessingNodeBuilder and associated ProcessingNode (see
ScriptNodeBuilder and ScriptNode in
src/scratchpad/schecoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/sitemap/).

I also have my own component, InterpreterSelector, registered with the
top level component manager. This is registered in user.roles in
schecoon's webapp.

I want from ScriptNode to be able to look up InterpreterSelector. This
doesn't seem to work however, and I'm wondering whether I'm doing
something wrong, or something is broken in the way component managers
handle the various components. I noticed that there is a multitude of
ComponentManager instances, which create multiple instances of my
InterpreterSelector. What I desire though is to have a single instance
of this class in a running Cocoon instance.

Any idea what's going on?

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>