Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> on 2004/09/27 15:07:45 UTC

1.0.8 for Windows - Dynamic/static APR

Hi,

The current 1.0.8 seems to be dynamic linked to APR. Is this right? I
made an installer based upon the svn-win32-1.0.8.zip and the result
(finally) camed up as this:

  http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=18478

Can someone make a new set of binaries which is statically linked,
please?

I have moved the 1.0.8 installer away from the download area to the
archive.

Another strange thing is that it was no complaints before now. Do almost
everyone who use the binaries use TSVN? Is it only one or two persons
who's using the installer version of the Windows binaries?

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: 1.0.8 for Windows - Dynamic/static APR

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Monday 27 September 2004 22.40, Branko Čibej wrote:
> >Perhaps I should upload a new installer for 1.0.8 based upon the
> > trunk scripts. I'll try that later.
>
> Or perhaps it would be even better if I creep out of my hole and start
> building 1.0.x binaries again. I fear people will find us inconsistent
> if we're iconsistent.

Perhaps I'm glad to see that you are out of the hole again :-)

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/kontakt/

Re: 1.0.8 for Windows - Dynamic/static APR

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

>On Monday 27 September 2004 17.34, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
>

>>On Sep 27, 2004, at 10:07 AM, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

>>I don't understand the differences between 1.0.x and 1.1.x win32 build
>>procedures, and don't have time to change my nightly build scripts.
>>So perhaps someone else can step up and build a new set 1.0.8
>>binaries. I'll stick to building 1.1 binaries from now on.  :-(
>>

>I think you can continue to make for 1.0.x as well. No one have ever
>complained about that they are dynamic linked to the APR DLLs.
>
>Perhaps I should upload a new installer for 1.0.8 based upon the trunk
>scripts. I'll try that later.

Or perhaps it would be even better if I creep out of my hole and start
building 1.0.x binaries again. I fear people will find us inconsistent
if we're iconsistent.

-- Brane

Re: 1.0.8 for Windows - Dynamic/static APR

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Monday 27 September 2004 17.34, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2004, at 10:07 AM, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> I don't understand the differences between 1.0.x and 1.1.x win32 build
> procedures, and don't have time to change my nightly build scripts.
> So perhaps someone else can step up and build a new set 1.0.8
> binaries. I'll stick to building 1.1 binaries from now on.  :-(

I think you can continue to make for 1.0.x as well. No one have ever
complained about that they are dynamic linked to the APR DLLs.

Perhaps I should upload a new installer for 1.0.8 based upon the trunk
scripts. I'll try that later.

Josteinius

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sep 27, 2004, at 10:07 AM, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The current 1.0.8 seems to be dynamic linked to APR. Is this right? I
> made an installer based upon the svn-win32-1.0.8.zip and the result
> (finally) camed up as this:

Hm, so it looks like I mistakenly used my win32 nightly build batch
scripts (which build /trunk) to build the 1.0.8 binaries.  Hence this
problem.