Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by j g <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2018/08/04 20:21:48 UTC

Normal English Spelling

I notice you operate in a bastardized US spelling of proper English words.
Is there a way to clean that up at my end? Or do you have an app or extension to correct
It?
I find patois and junkifed English to be at times comical, yet at other times
a right bother.
I expect more from a free site and might request a refund!

Re: Normal English Spelling

Posted by Robert Funnell <ro...@mcgill.ca>.
On Sat, 4 Aug 2018, j g wrote:

> I notice you operate in a bastardized US spelling of proper English words.

It's not clear what you're asking about. Can you provide examples?

> Is there a way to clean that up at my end? Or do you have an app or extension to correct
> It?

I assume that your problem is with spell checking within Writer. Do
you have spell checking working? Do you have the correct dictionary
installed (i.e., for one of the more than 20 available variants of
English) and the correct language setting in the document?

- Robert

Re: Normal English Spelling

Posted by Howard Blum <ho...@gmail.com>.
Does the 'J' stand for jerk?