Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Seeberger, Heiko" <He...@gft.com> on 2001/01/24 10:06:30 UTC

How can I declare local forwards in an ActionMapping

Hi,

I am a struts newbie and I want to declare local forwards in an
<action-mapping> in struts-config.xml. How can I do that? With the forwards
attribute? But how is the syntax?

Thank's for your help!

Bye
Heiko

Re: How can I declare local forwards in an ActionMapping

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Seeberger, Heiko" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a struts newbie and I want to declare local forwards in an
> <action-mapping> in struts-config.xml. How can I do that? With the forwards
> attribute? But how is the syntax?
>
> Thank's for your help!
>
> Bye
> Heiko

Simply nest the forward declarations inside the <action-mapping> element.  The
following is from the Struts example app:

    <action path="/editRegistration" ...>
        <forward name="success" path="/registration.jsp"/>
    </action>

This declares a local forward named "success", which is different from any other
local forward named "success" in any other action.  You can define as many local
forwards as you need.

Craig