Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/10 08:25:53 UTC

inputTextHelp value if no change

<t:inputTextHelp value="#{bean.value}" helpText="Please input a name"/>

  if user does not input anything and leave the help text unchanged, the binding value should be null. But currently it is the help text.

  Is this a bug?
  Dave

---------------------------------

Re: inputTextHelp value if no change

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

yes, this is a bug - the field should automatically remove the help
text and set it to null (at least this is how I intended it).

regards,

Martin

On 10/10/07, Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <t:inputTextHelp value="#{bean.value}" helpText="Please input a name"/>
>
>   if user does not input anything and leave the help text unchanged, the
> binding value should be null. But currently it is the help text.
>
>   Is this a bug?
>   Dave

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -