Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Thomas Calmant <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 09:53:18 UTC

iPOJO and Tycho

Hi,

For some reasons, I have developed some of my iPOJO components projects
using the Eclipse Plugin Development Environment (PDE) and the iPOJO Nature
Eclipse plugin [1].
This works really well for development and debugging inside Eclipse.

First problem: about the iPOJO manipulator plug-in

To prepare continuous integration of my bundles, I used Tycho that does
some wizardry with the Eclipse project files to generate a bundle according
to the content of the Manifest.
Alas, I can't use the iPOJO manipulator Maven plugin with Tycho.
As a result, the bundle Manifest is the manipulated result of the iPOJO
Nature Eclipse plug-in, but the classes are still "plain old" ones.
I suppose this is due to the Tycho project packaging (packaging:
eclipse-plugin), which is different of the Maven bundle plug-in (packaging:
bundle).

Question is : does iPOJO manipulator plug-in for Maven supports Tycho
builds ? If not, is there any plans on updating/forking the plug-in to
support Tycho ?

Second problem:

To simplify the move from "full PDE" development to Tycho, I'm now using
the m2e plugin, and its Tycho "m2e connector".
The iPOJO Nature plug-in provides a m2e connector for "pure Maven" iPOJO
bundle, thanks to Simon [2], but I can't have both a Tycho and an iPOJO m2e
connector for the same project.

Question is : as the connector seems to be selected by the packaging
(eclipse-plugin, eclipse-feature, etc) indicated in the pom file, would it
be possible to have a plug-in providing a "eclipse-plugin-ipojo" packaging,
which would to the manipulation when called using Maven, and which would be
handled by the iPOJO Nature m2e connector when seen by the Eclipse side ?

[1] http://gitorious.ow2.org/ow2-chameleon/eclipse-ipojo-builder
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/felix-users/201211.mbox/%3CCAG1yf3NTwKHMugd_GXGHR18rLL7xkNFnCcv8mero55EcxEpQ-Q@mail.gmail.com%3E

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: iPOJO and Tycho

Posted by Thomas Calmant <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Guillaume & Clément, it works :)

The support for eclipse-plugin packaging is done using :

<configuration>
    <m_supportedProjectTypes>
        <type>eclipse-plugin</type>
    </m_supportedProjectTypes>
</configuration>

The manipulation is then correctly applied on the bundle.

Re: iPOJO and Tycho

Posted by "Guillaume Sauthier (OW2/GMail)" <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: iPOJO and Tycho

Posted by Thomas Calmant <th...@gmail.com>.