Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ALEX HYDE <al...@btinternet.com> on 2005/11/03 13:13:41 UTC

Mimetypes

Hi All,

I've set up Tomcat to work inside of Apache. It's all
going ok and I am trying to serve up 3gp to phones. My
file worked ok on Sony Ericsson but on Nokia it
doesn't work. I have only configurred Tomcat and not
Apache to serve up 3gp mimetype. The Nokia does not
know what the file type is. has anyone got any
suggestions on what I might have configured wrong.

Thanks

Alex

Re: Mimetypes

Posted by ALEX HYDE <al...@btinternet.com>.
Hey, Thanks for that Andoni.

I thought that was what it was originally but I set up some tests and the mime-type returned for the phone I was using was correct.

It turns out it was more to do with the encoding of the file itself. I think I had gone a bit hardcore, in the sense of trying to get the phones to play files with a v.high bit and frame rates. Very useful message from the phone though!?

Thanks alot Andoni.

Andoni <an...@eurokom.ie> wrote:
Have you looked at /conf/web.xml ?

In this file you have a list of file extentions and their associated mime
types. This tells the HTTP Server in Tomcat what MIME Type to associate with
them when they are being output.

I would recommend removing Apache from the process altogether while you are
having config problems. Set Tomcat's port to 80 from the default 8080 and
switch off Apache.

Hope that helps, keep writing if not.

Andoni.

Re: Mimetypes