Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/18 00:01:30 UTC

How to handle "module" contributions

My apologies if this has been asked before or is well documented somewhere. If it is I couldn't find it.

What is the process for handling "contrib module" code donations from an IP clearance perspective?

Example #1 (https://github.com/ptgoetz/storm-jms)
An individual (me in this case) wishes to donate code that is licensed under the EPL, and has had a few contributions (no CLAs). Is switching to Apache v2 license and adding license headers all that would be necessary?

Example #2 (https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra)
Same story as the previous example, except this time it is a corporate entity.

Re: How to handle "module" contributions

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted and Joe for the clarification. It helps a lot.

-Taylor

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
yeah.

Posted by Joseph Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
My apologies if this has been asked before or is well documented somewhere. If it is I couldn't find it.

What is the process for handling "contrib module" code donations from an IP clearance perspective?

Example #1 (https://github.com/ptgoetz/storm-jms)
An individual (me in this case) wishes to donate code that is licensed under the EPL, and has had a few contributions (no CLAs). Is switching to Apache v2 license and adding license headers all that would be necessary?

Example #2 (https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra)
Same story as the previous example, except this time it is a corporate entity. The project has transitioned to the Apache license.