Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/20 17:27:28 UTC

Oracle Persistence with jackrabbit standalone

I've modified my repository.xml as suggested to use Oracle for Persistence
Manager and DataStore.
I am running jackrabbit-standalone-2.1.1 to develop an initial prototype.

When I start repository (java -jar jackrabbit-standalone.jar) it says
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"...I understand
that I need ojdbc14.jar in classpath.

But with jackrabbit-standalone-2.1.1, I don't know where to copy the jar
file or how to add the jar file in classpath.

Please help.

Thanks.

Re: Oracle Persistence with jackrabbit standalone

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM, kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com
<ka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> But with jackrabbit-standalone-2.1.1, I don't know where to copy the jar
> file or how to add the jar file in classpath.

The easiest solution is probably to put the Oracle JDBC driver jar in
your <jre>/lib/ext extension directory, from which it will be
available to all your Java applications.

If you'd rather like a more localized solution, you can explicitly
configure the classpath of Jackrabbit standalone; like this:

    java -cp jackrabbit-standalone-2.1.1.jar:ojdbc14.jar
org.apache.jackrabbit.standalone.Main

BR,

Jukka Zitting