Posted to user@click.apache.org by WarnerJan Veldhuis <wa...@qprcostcontrol.com> on 2009/12/14 15:01:34 UTC

Format

Hey all,

The documentation is not clear about whether a custom format *must*
subclass from org.apache.click.util.Format or not. Is it?

Cheers!

WarnerJan

PS: Screenshots for the Click IntelliJ IDEA plugin are to be expected
soon! Do you have any webspace I can use for that?

Re: Format

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi WarnerJan,

WarnerJan Veldhuis wrote:

> The documentation is not clear about whether a custom format *must*
> subclass from org.apache.click.util.Format or not. Is it?

Yep it needs to subclass Format. Click will invoke the method Page#setFormat(Format format) with
your custom Format class.

Do note that setting a custom format is just a shortcut for the following:

public BorderPage extends Page {

   public BorderPage() {
     addModel("format", new MyCustomFormat());
   }
}

> Cheers!
>
> WarnerJan
>
> PS: Screenshots for the Click IntelliJ IDEA plugin are to be expected
> soon! Do you have any webspace I can use for that?

For now the easiest is to use the wiki[1] and we'll add a link from the Click website. Going forward
I think we should add a generic IDE page to the left-hand menu that can link through to the
different IDE "home" pages. If the "home" page is hosted outside the Click site we can link through
to it, otherwise simply open it in the content frame.

Btw where will you host the plugin?

kind regards

bob

[1]: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLICK/