Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Nicola Baiocco <ni...@intesys.it> on 2015/01/20 18:34:05 UTC

Connector propagation ONE PHASE vs TWO PHASES details

Hi all,

I would like to know what are the real differences between ONE_PHASE and TWO_PHASES operations (create, update,delete,etc...).
In detail I've looked through update function of ConnectorFacadeProxy class and I've not understood which are differences.
It seems in every case it calls in async mode, is it right?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards.

[http://www.intesys.it/firme/logo_intesys.jpg]
Nicola Baiocco | Software Developer
Intesys - Via Roveggia 122 A - 37136 Verona
Tel. 045 503663 | Fax 045 503604
nicola.baiocco@intesys.it
www.intesys.it<http://www.intesys.it>
[Great Place to Work]<http://www.intesys.it/Partecipazione-dei-dipendenti/>   [Sito a impatto zero] <http://www.intesys.it/Sostenibilita-Ambientale/>
Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei suoi allegati potrebbero essere confidenziali/riservate e sono dirette unicamente ai destinatari sopra indicati. In caso di ricezione da parte di persona diversa è vietato qualunque tipo di divulgazione o copia anche parziale. Chi riceva questo messaggio per errore è pregato di inoltrarlo al mittente e di cancellare questa e-mail.
This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential/reserved information and is intended only for the use of the address(es) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient of this message, please note that distribution or copying of this communication is forbidden. Anyone who receives this communication in error should return it immediately to the sender and delete the message.

Re: Connector propagation ONE PHASE vs TWO PHASES details

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 20/01/2015 18:34, Nicola Baiocco wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know what are the real differences between ONE_PHASE
> and TWO_PHASES operations (create, update,delete,etc…).
>
> In detail I’ve looked through update function of ConnectorFacadeProxy
> class and I’ve not understood which are differences.
>
> It seems in every case it calls in async mode, is it right?

Hi Nicola,
as you can rad from [1], ONE_PHASE means that propagation is an atomic
operation: Syncope calls the external resource and expects an immediate
result.
Conversely, TWO_PHASES means that Syncope calls the external resource
and returns immediately. Later, when the propagation has completed, the
external resource will notify the actual propagation result to Syncope.

Hope this clarifies.
Regards.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Propagation

--