Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2020/09/15 16:51:40 UTC

UIMA - What's hot and what's not?

Hi all,

how about we have a weed out the garden a bit and see where we can take the UIMA project going forward?

This is going to the dev list first but we may later post this to the user's list as well.

I have set up a new board "Apache UIMA Hot Topics" in Jira:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=418

Could you please check if you can access it?

The board should be publicly accessible and anybody in the UIMA project should also be able to configure it.

The "Hot Topics" board only shows issues which have at least 1 vote - and it issues stuff by the number of votes they got. There is no type filter (e.g. only "wishlist") at the moment - any issue types are supported.

In the mid-term, it would be nice if we arrived at the following situation:

1) Important issues and ideas on the "Hot topics" board have a good number of votes.

How to get there:

- vote for existing issues (or unvote if you don't consider something you voted for relevant anymore)
- create new issues for directions you think UIMA would benefit from (and vote for them!)

2) Cruft weeded out from our backlog

- for the moment, I think it would be good if anybody could have a peek at the backlog and either comment of stuff that might still be relevant or close off issues as "Abandoned" or something similar
- I think we might care to bulk-close any issues not touched in the past 12 months in a couple of weeks

For the moment, I think that would be already quite helpful.

Cheers,

-- Richard

P.S.: Did you notice that there are quite a bunch of boards for Apache UIMA? Can you access them?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa - put "UIMA" into the "find a board" filter box.

All the boards that I set up should be publicly accessible and configurable by UIMA project members.