Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/30 04:15:25 UTC

Why the result of antrun are different?

Hello,
I'm using Maven 2.0.4 + JDK 1.5.0
I have a web application project.
When running package phase, one of the tasks was using "native2ascii" tool
to convert some files.
I take advantage of maven-ant-run plugin to do the job,
the related scripts is shown as follows,
<version>1.1</version>
<executions>
		<execution>
		<id>compile</id>
		<phase>generate-resources</phase>
		<configuration>
			<tasks>
				<native2ascii encoding="UTF8"
					src="src/java" dest="target/classes"
					includes="**/*zh_CN.properties" />
			</tasks>
		</configuration>
		<goals>
			<goal>run</goal>
		</goals>
	</execution>
</executions>

Firstly, I finished whole work in one machine, the operation system is
Windows 2000.
When I package the project, all is OK.
Then I copied the same project, same repository and same Maven version to
another machine,
the operation system is Windows XP.
In the new environment, the antrun task didn't work well when I package the
project with same command.
Exactly, maven-antrun-plugin didn't convert any file with "native2ascii"!?

I add "-X" in my command, and respectively package war file in the two
environment.
[1]The debug result in old environment,
[INFO] Executing tasks
[DEBUG] getProperty(ns=null, name=ant.reuse.loader, user=false)
[native2ascii] Converting 17 files from ...\src\java to ...\target\classes
[INFO] Executed tasks

[2]The debug result in new environment,
[INFO] Executing tasks
[DEBUG] getProperty(ns=null, name=ant.reuse.loader, user=false)
[INFO] Executed tasks

According the debug information, I didn't get any reason on the matter :-(
Anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Why the result of antrun are different?

Posted by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> I used the same project source files, local repository and Maven
> in Red Hat AS 4.0, language is zh_CN.UTF-8.
> In the box, antrun task executed well.
>From the test, it means that the trouble is due to system environment.
But I cannot imagine why maven-antrun-plugin isn't independent to OS,
I think it just be related to Java/JDK or some jars.
Which element would affect the plugin?
Thanks!

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang