Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net> on 2009/10/14 16:44:56 UTC

Geronimo+Tomcat = Parameter namespacePrefix was null

Hi everyone.

I've been developing using Eclipse+Jetty and everything runs fine in
that environment.  I decided I needed to test deployment, so I built
the WAR, fired up Geronimo (with Tomcat as the servlet engine, not
Jetty), and installed.  When I hit the main page I get this error:

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RenderQueueException
Render queue error in
CompositeRenderCommand[Start[http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml html],
DefineNamespace[null http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml], Text[ ],
Start[http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml head], Text[ ],
Start[http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml meta], AttributeNS[ http-equiv
"content-type"], AttributeNS[ content "text/html; charset=utf-8"],
End, Text[ ], Start[http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml title],
Text[Registration - ]]: Parameter namespacePrefix was null.

1	<html xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_1_0.xsd"
2	      xmlns:p="tapestry:parameter"
3	      t:type="Layout"
4	      title="Home">

It is complaining about line number 1.  I'm a bit clueless about this
one.  Has anyone else deployed successfully into Geronimo or have an
idea what might be causing this error?

Thanks!

mrg

Re: Geronimo+Tomcat = Parameter namespacePrefix was null

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
> Wouldn't the JAR in my lib supercede the one provided by the container?
The default classloader implementation (ie java.lang.Classloader) is to
attempt to resolve the class in the parent classloader before trying the
current classloader. Different containers provide different configuration
options for this. I'm not sure of Geronimo's implementation.

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
That bug report sure looks like what I'm encountering.  I'll see if I
can figure it out.

Thanks!

Posted by cordenier christophe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.