Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Li Shengmei <li...@ict.ac.cn> on 2012/08/29 11:38:34 UTC

About the log record in hadoop

Hi, all

         I want to do some study on the log of hadoop. I intend to konw how
hadoop record the IO in the logs. Does anyone do related work and give some
suggestions? Which part of hadoop source codes should be read carefully?

Thanks,

May

Re: About the log record in hadoop

Posted by "Joshi, Rekha" <Re...@intuit.com>.
Hi May,

Not sure which hadoop deployment you use (Cloudera/HortonWorks/Apache?), but hadoop wiki - http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ can help
For tracing IO logs, check your map/reduce flow – Output Collector/Reporter/Context.To get understanding of filesystem IO refer source under o.a.h.fs.* and possibly o.a.h.io.*

Thanks
Rekha