Posted to users@maven.apache.org by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com> on 2007/05/22 07:43:26 UTC

Adding a phase to maven-release-plugin

Hi,

I have a plugin that needs to be executed either
1) after the maven-release-plugin's scm-tag phase but before the
scm-commit-development phase OR
2) after maven-release-plugin:prepare

Option 1 is preferred as it would mean just 2 commits to the trunk
during release.
Option 2 would generate an extra commit.

I think I can see how to do option 1, but it requires modifying the
maven-release-manager.
I believe just adding a phase in components.xml and the impl for it.
But then I need to consider managing such a mod if it can't be folded
back into the plugin.
I'll probably push on this front in any case.

But in the meantime, how do I couple 2 plugin's together to achieve
option 2.
Is there some way to specify that the release-plugin should always run
before my plugin?

William