Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2001/08/16 19:18:46 UTC

randomFile in SessionIdGenerator TC3.3B1

    I just lost half an hour of my life trying to set up TC3.3B1 on a
Windows box because I forgot to remove the randomFile attribute on
SessionIdGenerator.  For the benefit of us under-priviledged people who have
to live on systems like Windows and Solaris, could this attribute please be
moved to the comment in the default server.xml?

Re: randomFile in SessionIdGenerator TC3.3B1

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Bill Barker wrote:

>     I just lost half an hour of my life trying to set up TC3.3B1 on a
> Windows box because I forgot to remove the randomFile attribute on
> SessionIdGenerator.  For the benefit of us under-priviledged people who have
> to live on systems like Windows and Solaris, could this attribute please be
> moved to the comment in the default server.xml?

What's going on ? SessionIdGenerator does check if this file exist - which
on windows does not - and does nothing.

Do you get any errors, or is there something broken ??

Costin

RE: randomFile in SessionIdGenerator TC3.3B1

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com>.
works well for me ;))