Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Dan King <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/03 18:34:33 UTC

Http Request that includes name value pairs and binary file data

In one http request, I'd like to send both name value pair information and binary file data. Is there a way, using HttpClient, to create one http request that includes both urlencoded and multipart content type?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Http Request that includes name value pairs and binary file data

Posted by Dan King <da...@yahoo.com>.
Oleg,

using the HTTP headers to pass the name/value pairs did the trick. Thanks.

-Dan

One could post binary content in the message body and use query
parameters or HTTP headers to pass name/value pairs.

Oleg

Re: Http Request that includes name value pairs and binary file data

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.