Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "hans@seesite.be" <ha...@seesite.be> on 2003/05/30 19:37:46 UTC

XML-RCP - NoSuchMethodException - Please help

Hello,

Trying to access Xindice-1.1, trough php, xmlrpc, for four days now, and
I'm almost desperate.

Looks like the installation succeeded, can call the db by browser (UGLY
DEBUG TOOL!) and command-line.
 When a xml-rpc request is posted, by the php page, locate somewhere in the
apache-webdir (not under $TOMCAT_HOME)
 POST /Xindice HTTP/1.0
 <?xml version="1.0"?>
<methodCall>
<methodName>db.listCollections</methodName>
<params>
<param>
</param>
</params>
</methodCall>

 Tomcat answers with :
 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:24:03 GMT
Server: Apache Coyote/1.0
Connection: close
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-

 I have tried ListCollections as methodname instead of db.listCollections,
with the same result.
(Also tried 'run' as methodname with message, collection and name as
params)

In the xijndice log file I find exact the same entry for the working debug
tool as for my failing php script

StandardContext[/Xindice]: Mapping contextPath='/Xindice' with
requestURI='/Xindice' and relativeURI=''
StandardContext[/Xindice]:   Trying exact match
StandardContext[/Xindice]:   Trying prefix match
StandardContext[/Xindice]:  Mapped to servlet 'Xindice' with servlet path
'' and path info 'null' and update=true

 Could it be a tomcat configuration problem (not finding the .jars, but the
path to xindice-lib is in classpath). Is the xml-rpc call not ok, something
wrong with the installation or ...?

I did put the <context> entry for xindice in server.xml, and tryed as well
the xindice-1.1.xml.

system spec :
tomcat 4.1.24
xindice 1.1b
linux-debian-woody

Is there someone that give me a hint about what is going wrong please??
Realy running out of energy, after 3 nights with very little sleep.