Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kk4Nabble <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/15 15:35:41 UTC

Upgrading to Tapestry 4 to Tapestry 5

Hi all,

Am using Tapestry 4.1.5 .
I want to upgrade to Tapestry 5.
I heard that  there is no simple, direct upgrade path from Tapestry 4 to
Tapestry 5.
And also its completely new .

Should i rewrite the code? Ours application is quite big..
Please suggest.

Thank you

Re: Upgrading to Tapestry 4 to Tapestry 5

Posted by kk4Nabble <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for a reply.

I want to know which version is the  latest version in tapestry 4 itself.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.
>I heard that  there is no simple, direct upgrade path from Tapestry 4 to
>Tapestry 5.
correct

>Should i rewrite the code? Ours application is quite big..
>Please suggest.
I think this is entirely your decision, the benefits of upgrading are improved productivity, so could offset the initial setback and learning curve in the long run. Tapestry 5 IMHO as a former Tapestry 4 user, is in nearly all respects a superior framework, its a lot cleaner and easier to develop with. The only thing (if anything) I miss is the approach to AJAX (but thats a personal preference).

Peter