Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/05/28 13:32:28 UTC

FYI: Erik Hatcher has asked to be emeritus

Just to let you know, Erik Hatcher has asked the PMC to be marked as
an emeritus committer for Mahout.  For those who are new, basically
this means Erik doesn't wish to be active anymore, but he can come
back at any time in the future and request to be made active again
without any problem.  In the meantime, it just means I take him out of
the SVN authorization for Mahout and move his name on the site to an
emeritus section.

FWIW, typically when a committer is not heard from in over a year, we
mark them as emeritus.

At any rate, I thank Erik for helping get Mahout off the ground and
hope in the future he will have a need to rejoin us.

I will update the site, etc.

-Grant