Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/24 08:55:51 UTC

Using a Custom Data Store with Spark 2.0

Hi all,

I have a requirement to integrate a custom data store to be used with Spark
( v2.0.1). It consists of structured data in tables along with the schemas.

Then I want to run SparkSQL queries on the data and provide the data back
to the data service.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to do this.
Is it going to be extending the DataFrame and use the data store I have
wrapped as DataFrames or  extending the DataFrameReader.

It would be ideal if I can do minimal changes to the spark code and write
something like a external client to submit jobs using my data to a Spark
cluster.

I'm completely new to the Spark world. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sachith Withana