Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Matthias Bohlen <mb...@mbohlen.de> on 2001/07/20 13:05:33 UTC

Calendar tag moves to SourceForge

Hello,

as Glenn said in his previous email below, the calendar tag extension for
the datetime taglib cannot be added to the source repository at the moment
because of the current release preparations for 1.0.

Other list members (Christoph Wilhelms <Ch...@t-online.de>,
Boyd Waters <bw...@aoc.nrao.edu>) have sent me valuable input about
similar tags that they have written, so I thought, it would be a good idea
to unite the efforts of all "calendar-interested" people in a separate Open
Source project. This is to develop a unified calendar tag and (maybe)
re-submit it to Jakarta upon request.

For this purpose, I have opened a project called "HandyTags" at the widely
known Open Source Development Network site "sourceforge.net" and published
my code in the shared CVS repository there.

I hereby invite all "calendar-interested" people to join me there (see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/handytags/ )and continue development until
we can come back to Jakarta.

Best regards...
Matthias

---

Matthias Bohlen
Luise-Albertz-Str. 25
53340 Meckenheim
Germany
Fon: +49 170 772 8545
Fax: +49 1212 5 11 43 44 26
Email: mbohlen@mbohlen.de
Web: http://www.mbohlen.de/

Posted by Boyd Waters <bw...@aoc.nrao.edu>.
Matthias:

I have signed up to have a user account on SourceForge.
I am waiting for the confirmation email so that I can log in.

Please add me as a developer for this project.

I would like to add the source code that I have for my version of the
calendar tag.

===

Now, as a more-general note:

I THINK THAT THERE SHOULD BE A MENTION OF TAGLIBS IN THE SOURCEFORGE
"CODE SNIPPETS" area.

Filed under Code Snippets:Other Lanuages, I find at least two calendar
taglibs for ASP (Microsoft Visual Basic taglibs for thier MS IIS web
server):

http://sourceforge.net/snippet/detail.php?type=snippet&id=100392
http://sourceforge.net/snippet/detail.php?type=package&id=100021

So, I think that:
1) SourceForge Code snippets area should have a pointer to "JSP taglibs"

and

2) It is appropriate that we have a "project" (which is managed) rather
than a "code snippet" (which is not). Unmanged code snippets lead to
duplication of effort...

and

3) We should fold this calendar taglib back into the jakarta-taglibs
project ASAP.

Thanks for setting this up!
-- boyd

---------
Boyd Waters                                          bwaters@nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory              http://www.nrao.edu
PO Box 0 Socorro, NM 87801                               505.835.7346

                                        http://www.zocalo.net/~waters
                                                    waters@zocalo.net
---------