Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/08/04 19:48:50 UTC

WARNING, do not use newExperiment2.

Hi.

Sorry for this mail.

I now test with
2 LO document (ODF / OOXML)
1 AOO document (ODF)
2 MS document (OOXML / ODF)

And ques what, LO/AOO/MS handles the zip structure quite differently !

One uses global directory, and leaves local nearly empty,
One uses local and leaves global nearly empty
One special (MS ODF) uses both local and global but with different content.

So much for standards.

Will be back soon with a new push.

rgds
jan i.

Re: WARNING, do not use newExperiment2.

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
> On 04 Aug 15, at 16:20, jan i <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> got it.
>
> I have found something I would consider a bug in AOO, but it seems gzip and
> e.g. MS. live with the fact.

…./me reads on…..

> When a file is compressed, then the local header will not contain sizes
> (this only happens for uncompressed files). and in a couple
> of instances fileNameLength is 0 in the local header. In other words, if
> you have a AOO document, you cannot use the local header
> to repair the central directory.
>
> newZipExperiment2 is now ready for merge, when Peter gives the "go".
>
> My next work will be to prepare the release branch.
>
> rgds
> jan I.

Thanks!
louis