Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jeremy Wagner <co...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/09 22:07:46 UTC

Messages being compressed or not?

Hello,

I was wondering if messages are compressed internally before being sent over the wire? If not, would it be possible to compress the messages externally before sending it through Qpid? Thanks.

Jeremy

RE: Messages being compressed or not?

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

> I was wondering if messages are compressed internally before being sent
> over the wire?

No.

> If not, would it be possible to compress the messages
> externally before sending it through Qpid? Thanks.

You could compress the content you insert into messages, sure.

-Steve