Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Sergey Mikhno <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/01 12:10:22 UTC

Upgrade ApacheDS to AM26

Dear Emmanuel,

We are using ApacheDS M24 in production.
I am trying now to upgrade to the latest version and have the following
problem starting the server:
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapUnwillingToPerformException:
ERR_16057_CANNOT_FIND_CMP_CLASS Cannot find the comparator class:
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.schema.comparators.DeepTrimCachingNormalizingComparator
apacheds_1  | at
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.schema.loader.SchemaEntityFactory.getLdapComparator(SchemaEntityFactory.java:729)

I am starting with an empty partition.
What should I do to be able to start the server?

Is there any documentation on how to upgrade to the latest version?

Best regards

Sergey Mikhno
Software Developer
Galexis AG

--
Sergey Mikhno

Re: Upgrade ApacheDS to AM26

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergey,

this class does not exist anymore in the LDAP API version the server is
using (it was present in 1.0.0, and removed in 2.0.0). Thus, the
underlying schema has changed, and using the previous one will not work
as such a class is dynamically loaded.

I suggest you install the 2.0.0.AM26 server on another location, and
reconfigure it with Studio, it should work.